Leyton Jubilee Park Cycle Hub. The Klassnik Corporation were appointed at the start of 2016 as architects along with a team of other consultants as part of a TfL funded feasibility study into the future potential of 'The Cottage' in Leyton Jubilee Park.
Our brief and ambition is to enhance and regenerate the use of the site, building upon the existing facilities and successfully established communities to provide space for the growing cycling community in the borough whilst also improving the provision for the existing running club and cafe. Alongside the sporting and cafe communities it is proposed to incorporate space for other compatible user groups (Artist studios and co-working space). Creating a vibrant economically sustainable expanded community asset shared by the whole community.
Consultation documents including draft proposals presented at the Public event held on the 17th May 2016 are available to download below.
Feedback should be emailed to email@example.com before 24th May.
A3 Consultation Event Handouts
A1 Consultation Event Boards
• Building on the infrastructure investment of Mini Holland projects in the borough a key driver of the project is cycling. Encouraging and improving facilities to relate to the broader strategic borough wide cycling aspirations, however the design is about more than just bikes. Creating a space for the whole community to use is our goal.
• Home to Eton Manor running club. New shower, locker and changing facilities will offer improvements to the existing club community and provide these facilities to families and other sports users at other times of day.
• Building works to improve accessibility in 2014 along with recent landscaping works and new cafe management have started to form an expanding and vibrant family oriented audience. We want to build on this momentum.
• Feedback from our first consultation event suggested current facilities are not clearly visible or welcoming to the park public and the internal spaces are insufficient for the existing cafe demand.
• To balance the running costs of the site, additional compatible programmes are proposed to both provide economic support and also add to the life and vibrancy of the site. These include artist studio space and workspace incubator desk spaces.
PROJECT DESIGN TEAM
• Architects: The Klassnik Corporation : www.klassnik.com
• Business Planning: Fourth Street : www.fourth-street.com
• Structural Engineer: Fluid Structures : www.fluidstructures.com
• M&E / Sustainability: XCO2 Energy : www.xco2energy.com
• Quantity Surveyor: Stockdale : www.stockdaleuk.com